So if you count how many excuses you make on a day to day basis how many do you think you make 10, 20, or 30? I guess it depends on the person. I know me I make excuses all the time. One big one is why I don’t home school. I believe most of my excuses stem from fear. Fear of failing, fear of being embarrassed, from what? Well I live right down the road from the school and next door to a teacher. I have fear that people are going to talk about me behind my back and I know it’s from insecurities; Insecurities that have stemmed from child hood and other family members. I’m one of those people who like to please everyone. I shouldn’t be afraid to do what is best for my family.
But I’m putting my foot down and am going to make a conscious effort not to fear and to do what I believe is best for my family and what has been tugging on my heart for going on two years now. Homeschooling. I follow a bunch of home school blogs and wonder how do they do it? How do they stay sane? How do they deal with (the mess) of it all? LOL! I like to control my surroundings but I also want to let my kids be kids.
Right now my daughter is in Kindergarten at the school down the road and was in K4 last year. I used the excuse that I had my fourth child in august that well ill just going to hold off until next year it’s too hard. It’s harder sending her to school. I have to pick her up every day and wake up the kids if they are sleeping and wow it just is one of my many reason why I’m going to home school. Here are some of my reasons.
1. I want to be able to add God to school.
2. I want to know what is going on at school what she is learning and what is going on. They don’t even send papers home anymore. And getting an answer out of my 5 year old is near impossible.
3. I want to be around my kids. I don’t want to send them off so I can have the day to myself. I used to but now I realize I would rather have them home. I heard a mom say on you tube or maybe it was a blog. Why be a stay at home mom or even have kids if you are going to send them off to school. I understand homeschooling isn’t for everyone has their reasons, but me? I have nothing going on outside of my house no job I can go back to. So… I’m keeping them. (Does that sound selfish?)
4. I can work at their speed and work more or less on a subject or skill. My 4 year old I know has fine motor skill difficulties. But that’s for another day.
5. Can do school whenever I want at 7 AM or 10 AM. This sounds AMAZING in itself. LOL! I’m not a morning person but we will see how that works out.
I’m not perfect and I am not college educated I have some college but never got my degree I made beautiful kids instead. I will someday go back but I’m more worried about my kids’ education then my own but I’m sure I will learn while they will. I played piano for ten years so I’m excited I can teach my kids something that I’m so passionate about. But anyways I was saying (I may ramble a lot in my posts, SORRY!) I’m not perfect I will not ever claim to be and I’m so excited to share my accomplishments and struggles with you. I hope I can encourage some of you through this blog. Well feel free to leave a comment or email me at email@example.com
So now I’m off to start planning and organizing and all that fun stuff. So until next time, In Christ Kayleigh