What is Borax?
- 20 Mule Team Borax is 100% natural mineral from the earth. Once removed from the ground it is washed, dried, and boxed for consumers.
- Borax is the common name for sodium tetra borate: a naturally occurring substance produced by the perpetual evaporation of seasonal lakes.
- Absolutely nothing is added. No phosphates, chlorine, or other additive chemicals.
Cleaner clothes than detergent alone
To boost your detergent, simply add 1/2 cup of 20 Mule Team Borax to every load, along with your regular (Purex) detergent:
You’ll find that it:
- Naturally softens hard water and improves your detergent’s cleaning power.
- Helps keep stains from being re-deposited back onto clothes.
If you would like to know more about where Borax comes from and the history behind it click here to learn more. There is a pretty neat classic video/commercial for 20 mule team borax and how it got its name.
Ok so I was so surprised when I received my box of 20 Mule Team Borax. I was thinking you know I would get a small little box but it is definitely not little. LOL! So then my problem was ok how am I going to show you all how this is going to work? But no worries my daughter decided she was going to play in muddy water with white pants and gave me a perfect opportunity on showing you all how well it works. Im going to list it in steps.
1. Have 6 yr. old daughter play/swim in muddy water with white pants on.
2. Count to ten and breathe and remember this is a great blogging opportunity for your review of 20 Mule Team Borax. LOL!
3. DO NOT spray your clothes with stain remover and just add 1/2 cup 20 MTB to your washer and regular detergent.
4. Make sure you take a before pic so you can show everyone the results.
5. Add clothes.
6. Start washer and wait.
7. take out of washer add to dryer and turn on. -and wait some more.
8. Take out and take a picture to show everyone results.
9. Write about it. *see results below.
So what do I think of 20 Mule Team Borax? I Love It! I wasn’t sure that the pants would come clean and they did. I think this is a great product and I would recommend to anyone. My favorite thing about this product is that it is all natural. With 4 little ones running around, I’m all about natural. There are also other uses for it. Oh my goodness I completely forgot that I used it to clean my seats in my car. I just dissolved some of the powder in hot water and went at it. It worked really well. I wish I would of taken pictures. But like I said above my daughter took care of that for me.
So now onto the good stuff. Borax has provided me with 3 coupons for a free box of 20 Mule Team Borax. Please enter below and share with your friends.
Borax provided a free sample of their product so I could review them. However, all of the opinions expressed here are my own.